“This place was amazing! This was our first time to key west and it was nothing short of spectacular. So romantic, great views, amenities, activities, and very private!”Samantha
- Air Condition / Heat
- Hot Water
- Single-Serve Coffee Maker
- King-Size Bed
- Electric macerating toilet
- Paddle Boards
- Snorkel Gear
Check-in is between 3:00 pm and 6:00 pm.
This idea has been several years in the making and has finally been able to come to fruition! Taking the best parts of boat life and combining them with the space and comforts of home, this Tiki Suite has been designed to be the ultimate getaway on the water.
Outside, in addition to it’s tropical-themed appearance, the structure has been thoughtfully designed to promote maximum cooling efficiency from the hot Florida sun as well as protection from those passing rain showers without the need to be all closed up.
Make use of the hammock, stand-up paddleboards and snorkel gear. In addition to the various bird species that are a regular sight, you can occasionally see dolphins, manatees, stingrays, conch, starfish plus many other small fish that enjoy the shade beneath the Tiki. Sorry, no fishing from the boat.
Inside you will likely first notice the gorgeous Brazilian hardwood flooring which adds a touch of class to the otherwise humble thatched-hut styling. The high vaulted ceiling makes this minimal space feel enormous while also serving as the core component to the self-ventilating design, keeping the structure cool and the air fresh. Relax on the comfortable king-size bed and enjoy the view through the three French doors that open up right onto the ocean.
To keep your food and beverages cold, the suite is equipped with a roto-molded cooler that can keep ice for up to 9 days (bring ice with you!). There are no cooking appliances on board, with the exception of a K-cup coffee maker, and no other heat and or flame generating devices or equipment are permitted to be used on board. Yes this includes smoking. Bring your vape pen.
The bathroom is equipped with an electric macerating toilet and a full-height in-room shower with a 2.5 gallon water heater that will heat up your water in about 5 minutes of being turned on.
- This is an off-grid experience so you must understand that while efforts have been made to preserve the modern conveniences we’ve become accustomed to on land, some of them must be sacrificed while still other inconveniences must be accepted.
- The wifi provided is through a cellular mobile hotspot service and while it does have an unlimited data service, it is only high speed up to 8 gigabytes per month and then the speeds are severely reduced for the remainder of the month. For this reason, to make sure all guests have access to decent internet speeds, it is only intended for basic internet access, NOT streaming video or using massive amounts of data.
- Air conditioning is installed but is recommended to only be used during sleeping hours or if you intend to stay inside as it requires the generator to be running in order to be used, which is loud outside. Please keep in mind that it can take an hour or more of run time to bring the temperature down inside the boat once the air conditioner has been started, depending on how hot it is outside.
- There is very limited fresh water on board, only about 20 gallons, so it must be conserved.
- Electricity for lights, water and small device charging is supplied by battery and power inverter. Much like a car, if you leave the lights on too long with the engine off, the battery will die. If this happens, you need to run the generator for at least 30 minutes to charge the battery back up. If you are running the air conditioner then the generator is also charging the batteries so you will not have a problem. The generator must also be used to make coffee or run the hot water tank for the shower. Be aware, you can only run up to 2 appliances at a time or it will overload the generator (this includes the air conditioner).
- You must bring food and drinks with you! Also be sure to bring soap and shampoo if you intend to shower on board. Towels and toilet paper are supplied.
- This tiki is anchored out in the harbor away from land and can only be accessed by boat. As such, we have purchased two ride times from the local water shuttle service for our customers to use for free every day; one at 3:00 pm to the tiki (or 3:20 pm back to land) and one at 10:40 am to the tiki (or 11:00 am back to land). We recommend using the 3:00 pm ride time for check-in but you may also purchase a later ride time from the shuttle service, as long as you are within the check-in times. Visit our Water Transportation page to for additional information. Be advised that their business hours are only between 7:00 AM and 9:00 PM. This or other charter companies may be able to provide transportation service after-hours but it should be assumed that there are no transportation options outside of regular business hours. If there is a medical emergency or dangerous situation, you can contact the Coast Guard 24 hours a day for a rescue boat. Full instructions for emergency contact are on board in the information binder.
- You will be required to complete a rental agreement for this vessel for check-in.
- If the person booking the tiki was born after 1987, Florida law requires them to possess a Boating Safety Card, — or — to be accompanied by someone who is either born before 1988 or who already has a card. If you need one and don’t want to take the full 6 hour version of the test you can take a much smaller test, only 25 questions, to receive a temporary certificate, for only $10, which is good for 90 days. The link for this test is provided with our check-in instructions as well as a link to our study guide which will make taking the test much easier. If your situation requires you to have one of these cards then you must have it with you when you check in as the law also requires us to verify it. It is your responsibility to make sure you have this card, if required, and failure to do so will result in forfeiture of your reservation. Remember, we are happy to help you obtain this card so just ask! As per the requirements of the law listed above, we are also required to collect a copy of your boating safety card and/or a copy of a government-issued photo ID with the same name. These documents will need to be provided to us electronically prior to your arrival.
- No open flames or heat-producing devices (hair dryers permitted).
- No smoking anywhere on the boat.
- Life jackets and throwable device are to be use for emergencies only, not for swimming.
- No fishing from the boat.
- Guests are not permitted to bring their own private vessels (such as jet skis and powerboats) to this boat. Kayaks and paddle boards are permitted.
- No pets.
- The maximum number of passenger permitted on the boat is 2.
- Please note, you must use only flush small amounts of toilet paper down the toilet. Also, nothing except the special toilet paper that is supplied can be flushed down the toilet, all other items must be put into the trash. If you clog the toilet because of too much paper or items that are not to be flushed, you will be charged a $100 fee.
- This listing is classified as a “Bareboat Charter”, however, under the terms and pricing of this listing, in-motion operation of the boat is not included. You will be required to sign a written agreement to rent this vessel when you check in.
Call or Text: +1 (305) 317-1717
© 2021 Tiki Suites, LLC , All Rights Reserved